PROJECT OVERVIEW – MANUAL THERAPY PRACTITIONER TRIP (FULLY BOOKED)
1st Oct - 15th Oct 2016
- College and hospital visits
- Clinical observation with doctors and traditional healers at Village Health Camps
- Visits to Traditional Healers in rural villages
- Observation of Ayurveda doctor in JJVS Clinic
- Participation in supervised urban and rural Treatment Camps
- Visit to Monsoon Palace in Udaipur
- Visit to tourist sites in Udaipur city
The people of Southern Rajasthan live in extreme conditions where water food and healthcare are a continual problem. Years of drought and environmental degradation due to climate change have caused villages in the Aravali Ranges to become isolated and suffer health issues resulting from poverty, drought, tainted water supplies and malnutrition. They are among the most marginalised people in India.
ACCOMMODATION + FOOD
Dorm style accommodation located at the Jagran Jan Vikas Samiti office in Bedla (20 min from Udaipur). During field visits, local accommodation is provided and may involve camp style sleeping on the floor.
In accordance with local custom, all meals are vegetarian (no egg).
$1100 (Package includes: all program costs, supervision, accommodation, food, in-project transfers, administration, One-year HoHA membership. Excludes: flights, travel insurance, visas)
Please fill out an online application form to apply for this placement.